It has been some time but we are back with another appetizing recipe from one of SCC’s employees. This time we have something for everyone who has a bit of a sweet tooth. If you’re new to the blog or just haven’t seen our last healthy recipe post highlighting a delicious Baked Buckwheat Groats with Cheese, be sure to check it out!
With the warm summer months approaching this dessert could be just the thing you are looking for after spending time at the lake, beach, pool, hiking, or any other summer activity you enjoy participating in. As many of us can’t help but have a sweet tooth, this would be a perfect healthy alternative to ice cream.
- 2 medium ripe avocados (peeled, pitted and chopped)
- ⅓ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ cup sweetener of choice (honey, pure maple syrup, agave nectar, etc.)
- ½ cup milk (or any dairy-free milk)
- 1 ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Sliced almonds and berries of your choice for topping
- Combine all ingredients in a blender, food processor or using a hand held mixer – until completely smooth. You can server immediately, or chill first which is recommended.
- You can store in the fridge for up to 4 days – be sure to cover tightly.