SCC employees have watched in disbelief as this shocking and violent war has swept through the country of Ukraine. The invasion is constantly evolving and we have kept our actions behind the scenes. We believe in complete transparency keeping everyone informed so they may speak to the growing inquiries from employees and clients.
We are working in four key areas:
- The current status of ISD
- Protection of our employees
- Maintaining operational integrity
- Providing humanitarian aid
Current Status of ISD
ISD is operating and people are continuing to work throughout the ongoing conflict.
- SCC is providing shelter, food, equipment, and necessities to SCC employees and families.
- SCC has been providing transportation to employees who are interested in departing their respective cities.
The Protection of Our Employees
As we witness the tragedy unfolding, the outpouring of concern from our clients, colleagues, and partners abroad is truly a testament to the relationships we have established. We take pride being a multi-national community and value everyone's views. Discrimination or dehumanizing language about Ukrainian or Russian people has no place in our company.
- We are providing housing, monetary compensation, groceries, and local transportation to families who have crossed into Poland early last week to settle into various homes.
- The families who left central Ukraine for Western Ukraine will soon be receiving financial support as well.
- We are prepaying salaries to our Ukrainian staff, wherever they have settled. The funds can be used anywhere in Europe, not just in Ukraine.
- In regards to mental health support, some images of the war can trigger personal trauma and stress. We would like to reiterate the importance and availability of mental health support.
Maintaining Operational Integrity
The ongoing efforts within our offices in Poland and Ukraine is nothing short of extraordinary. The constant collaboration, outpouring of volunteers, opening up homes, and overall support of fellow colleagues have been admirable in these challenging times. Alongside the elevated human spirits, SCC Infrastructure and teams remain confident in our ability to continue providing the very best service to our valued clients.
Providing Humanitarian Aid
There is overwhelming interest from employees as well as clients who want to financially donate to support our Ukrainian families. SCC will be matching donations* of those who desire to provide financial assistance.
SCC Soft Computer has partnered with Planting Peace to aid our Ukrainian friends and colleagues as the war in Ukraine continues. All monetary donations will help those in need as we continue to aid those who will sadly feel the effects long after the war comes to an end.
We will continue to share our progress and our setbacks through these challenging times we are facing. We will overcome this together.
*Planting Peace allocates 100% of donations to Ukrainian families.