The holiday season is right around the corner and staying healthy is important for yourself as well as for your friends and family. Celebrating the holidays surrounded by the ones you love is something many people look forward to. These are the core memories you’ll reminisce about, especially after navigating through the last two years of uncertainty.
Here at SCC Soft Computer, we wanted to share some tips to help you stay healthy during this holiday season, especially when gathering together with your loved ones.
- Make sure to keep up with you current healthy habits as it’s easy to fall out of routine. Set your goals for the holiday season and share them with a close friend or a family member to help assure a higher chance of achieving them.
- In order to not spread germs during this time of year, it’s always a good reminder to wash your hands.
- It’s always recommended to look into getting your flu shot. If in dilemma, you can always speak to your doctor or pharmacist.
- Enough sleep is imperative to remain happy and healthy. Make sure you get the sleep you need (7-8 hours of uninterrupted sleep each night). If you didn’t sleep well, try to have short naps as they can replenish your mind and body.
- Enjoy time outside this holiday season to breathe fresh air and set a goal to walk a certain distance every day if possible (especially after meals). Being in nature helps us to slow down, connect, and recharge our batteries.
- Practice gratitude. List 5 things which make you smile or how you are able to help others.
- Stay hydrated. You can add electrolytes to your diet through consumption of certain fruits and vegetables such as spinach, kale, avocados, almonds, and beans.