“The 29th annual Soft Network Users Group Conference was nothing short of a success! There was so much information available between the sessions provided by the SCC employees and all the users sharing their ideas, tips and tricks. We were also able to ask questions, speak with, and hear from a great number of SCC employees including SCC’s CEO Mr. Gilbert Hakim himself as well as support staff that we communicate with often but may have never met. Those personal relationships developed during SNUG are priceless. – Brenda Duff, SNUG President
- SNUG 2023 Attendance
- We are beyond thankful to all of you for making SNUG Collaboration: Together We Achieve More possible. We had an influx of positive feedback from attendees who commented on how the conference provided extra hands on time with the SCC staff and product experts.
- SNUG 2023 Presentation Breakdown
- There was a total of 50 sessions in which the majority offered attendees the opportunity to earn P.A.C.E. credits. SCC staff presented 44 total sessions, two product showcases featuring SoftLab® 5.0 and SoftMic® 5.0, and an additional four hour SoftReports® Workshop on Sunday. As platinum sponsors of SNUG, American Proficiency Institute and Advanced Validation Solutions held sessions as well on Tuesday, May 9th. Another benefit to SNUG is the two roundtable discussions led by the SNUG Board for clients to collaborate and discuss about other field related topics not pertaining to SCC products. The SNUG Board also held their annual Business Meeting session on Tuesday morning.
- Keynote Speaker
- Jones Loflin – Has been in business for 29 years and as a speaker he has helped countless people make better choices with their time so they can thrive in their work and life. People have described his books as “illuminating” and “unforgettable”. Mr. Loflin delivered a powerful message during his interactive and entertaining speech on Monday, one which instilled in the audience not just the essential tools of proper time-management in their day-to-day lives, but also the importance of taking the time to slow down and reflect on past decisions in order to better plan for the future. He engaged the audience by asking multiple questions and directed them through various group activities and games which helped to demonstrate his teachings in a fun and unexpected way. Through these demonstrations and his unique and charming delivery, Mr. Loflin was able to help the audience understand how to best prioritize their time, as well as create the best environments for personal and professional growth.
- 2023 SCC Town Hall Forum
- The Annual SCC Town Hall followed the Opening Session. Members of SCC’s executive management team addressed questions and concerns submitted in advance by SNUG members and the SNUG Board.
SCC’s executive management team was represented by the following :
- Leszek Rumak, VP of Genetics & AP Division
- Tomek Ocipka, VP of Research & Development
- Hadrian Newman, Executive VP of Operations & Planning
- Kenton Smith, Director of Quality Management
- Jarek Kachniarz, Senior Architect
- 13th Annual SNUG Karaoke Night
- It’s no wonder why this networking event has become a perennial SNUG favorite, and it’s always a nice surprise to see—and hear—the talent in this group. Even our vendors attend and participate with our attendees, which this year one of our vendors left everyone speechless with his impressive vocals!
- SNUG Elections | SNUG Executive Board
SNUG’s Executive Board spans facilities and communities across North America and is open to SCC’s entire global client base. SNUG Board members serve for three years, and each year at our annual meeting, we elect the new Board. We had multiple open positions and as we bid a fond farewell to our departing Board members, Brenda Duff and Donna Passante, we welcomed our new members, Earle Barnes, Brenda Lenski, Antonio Espinoza, and Teresa Ethridge. You can find the contact information for the 2023/2024 SNUG Executive Board on SNUG’s website www.snuginconline.org. We have an exciting year ahead! We welcome your suggestions, questions, ideas, and comments.
Ryan McNulty, San Diego Medical Center
SNUG Past President Conference Planning Chair
Brenda Duff, Garnet Health Medical Center
SNUG Vice President
Druann McGowan, Lancaster General
Lauren Monroe, Prisma Helath
SNUG Assistant Secretary
Lok Tse, Cape Cod Healthcare
Tyla Adams, Huston Methodist
SNUG Assistant Treasurer
Brenda Lenski, Copley Memorial Hospital
SNUG Social Media Coordinator
Antonio Espinoza, Houston Methodist
SNUG SIG Coordinator
Tawni Schmeling, GHC-SCW
SNUG Customer Service Coordinator
Heidi Severson, Rush Copley Medical Center
Member at Large
Teresa Ethridge, Saint Francis Healthcare System
Member at Large
Steve Bashynski, Mayo Clinic
Alternate Member at Large
Donny Dila, Fairfax County Health Department
Auxiliary Board Member
Becky Shran, Olmsted Medical Center
Auxiliary Board Member
Corbin Ellsaesser, Christine Care
Auxiliary Board Member
Earle Barnes, National Institutes of Health
- Special Thanks to our 2023 sponsors, SNUG’s “Partners in Innovation”
The exhibitors and sponsors help make SNUG’s annual conference possible and give attendees an opportunity to learn more about third-party tools to help boost efficiency.
- Diamond: SCC
- Platinum: API, RCM, AVS, Zebra
- Silver: Barcodes, ELLKAY
- Welcome Reception Sunday
- We started the conference off right poolside on the lawn with plenty of hors d’oeuvres, drinks, and gorgeous weather, all hosted by SNUG’s Platinum Partners in Innovation. This event always provides the perfect way to kick off the week by getting acquainted with all the individuals you will see throughout the conference.
- SNUG 2023 Vendor Reception
- The SNUG 2023 Vendor Game: Throughout the day on Tuesday, attendees visited each vendor to collect a sticker to add to their game card. At the Vendor Reception Tuesday evening, attendees turned in their completed game cards to be entered into multiple drawings for fabulous prizes provided by our SNUG sponsors.
- SCC Annual Client Appreciation Banquet
- SNUG Diamond sponsor, SCC Soft Computer, continued the annual tradition of hosting a dinner cruise for the Client Appreciation banquet, held Wednesday evening. Due to the excitement we received from the StarLite Majesty cruise in 2019 and 2022, we decided to once again set sail into the sunset to celebrate our clients and share our appreciation for their ongoing support. Chartered transportation on the Jolley Trolley brought us to the Clearwater Beach Marina where clients got their photos taken as they boarded the StarLite Majesty. We set sail an hour before sunset and enjoyed a leisurely cruise on the Intercostal Waterway between the mainland and barrier islands. We spent the evening dining and dancing while networking with SNUG 2023 conference attendees and SCC staff.
- Save the Date for SNUG 2024
- Plans are underway for SNUG 2024, SNUG’s 30th annual conference, meeting, and expo. Stayed tuned for more information on dates and the new theme, as it will be sure to inspire you and will properly celebrate 30 years of SNUG!
- SNUG 2024 Venue
- We’ll be returning to the Sheraton Sand Key Resort on spectacular Clearwater Beach for SNUG’s 30th Annual Conference and Expo. Situated on the north end of Sand Key, a barrier island located between the Gulf of Mexico and the Clearwater mainland – the Sheraton Sand Key is an award-winning Mediterranean-style resort that offers a tropical island experience with accommodations overlooking the glittering sugar sand of Sand Key Beach and the sparkling azure waters of the Gulf of Mexico.
- SNUG 2024 CONFERENCE HOTEL RATE
- The Sheraton is offering us a block of guest rooms for SNUG 2024 attendees at the following conference hotel rate.*
- 1 Bedroom (1 – 2 persons): $225.00
- Each addition adult: $10.00
- *Rate is per night (standard room), plus 13% tax.
- Details to follow in Q4.
- Hotel information can be found https://www.snuginconline.org
- Why stay at the conference hotel?
- It isn’t likely that you’ll find a better hotel rate on Clearwater Beach, but the special rate isn’t the only reason to stay at the conference hotel.
- Free conference space for SNUG = lower cost for you! If we book enough rooms, SNUG gets the conference space FREE. This helps control conference costs; we pass on the savings to YOU!
- Convenience! Your room is right there if you need a break, in case you forget something, or you just need to do a quick change for the next event.
- Extra beauty rest! You can sleep in and get some extra rest since you don’t have far to travel!
- No rental car needed = additional savings on your travel costs and no worries about parking or rental car return! The hotel has restaurants, shops, recreation, easy beach access … everything you need is right there, or within walking distance. (If you do drive, the Sheraton offers free hotel parking.)
- Free local transportation aboard the Jolley Trolley! Your stay at the Sheraton Sand Key Resort includes free local transportation aboard the Jolley Trolley for you and up to three friends! That’s a savings of $2.25 per trip per person (or $5.00 per person for a daily pass)!