You may have seen our last healthy recipe blog post featuring delicious quinoa bites; however, in case you missed it click here to check it out. This latest recipe was sent to us by one of our employees! This recipe is great for a quick snack whether you dip it in hummus or just eat it alone. Eating healthy is the best way to support your immune system and now more than ever it is important to take care of yourself. Please enjoy this healthy recipe and we welcome additional healthy, comfort, or delicious recipes from our subscribers which would like to be featured on the blog.
- 3.5 oz. spelt flour
- 3.5 oz. sunflower seeds (or 2 oz. sunflower seeds + 1.5 oz. hemp seeds)
- 1.7 oz. pumpkin seeds
- 1.7 oz. sesame seeds
- 1.7 oz. brown flaxseeds (whole seeds)
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1/5 cup of sunflower oil
- 3/4 cup of hot boiled water
- Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl, then add hot water and oil and mix everything with a spoon. Be careful not to pour too much water (the mixture shouldn’t be too watery).
- Put baking sheet on a baking tray and pour the mixture in the middle. Take another baking sheet and place it on top of the mixture to spread it to the tray edges until it becomes very thin (you can use either rolling pin or your fingers to do this).
- Bake it for 60-70 min at 300 Fahrenheit.
- After it cools down, break it into small pieces.
Hope you enjoy!