Especially now, it is important to stay active and healthy. Eating a healthy diet which contains the nutrients you need is the best way to support your immune system. Supporting your immunity is particularly important to prevent illness and various infections. Please enjoy this healthy recipe shared by one of our employees. We welcome additional healthy, comfort, or delicious recipes from other employees which would like to be featured on the blog.
- 2 cups cooked quinoa (cook in low sodium vegetable broth for extra flavor)
- 2-3 large eggs
- 1 cup drained tofu, chopped into small cubes
- 1 cup shredded cheese of choice (mozzarella, feta, smoked gouda)
- 1 cup fresh kale or spinach, chopped (previously steamed)
- 1 chopped onion
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 3-4 tbsp. salsa
- 1 tsp dried crushed oregano
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- ½ – 1 tsp seasoning salt
- Preheat oven to 370 degrees.
- Mix together all ingredients in a medium mixing bowl.
- Distribute mixture into a greased mini muffin tin, filling each cup almost to the top (but not all the way to the top), and press down gently to compact.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until is golden brown.