Open Transplant*: A Collaboration in Assessment of Transplant Risk
What is OpenTransplant?
- A free collaborative risk stratification portal
- A ‘one-stop shop’ for HLA compatibility
- Assesses epitope level risk using multiple algorithms simultaneously
- Can be a repository of epitope with censored outcome data
- Users have ability to share survival cohorts
- ↑ collaboration = ↑ dataset for outcome estimates
Uniquely OpenTransplant will allow users to upload large cohorts of censored graft survival data. The portal will then evaluate epitope compatibility using multiple programs and report this in context of outcomes (rejection, CLAD, overall survival).
Design and development
The basis of Open Transplant is experimental statistical and machine learning methods, which were implemented to incrementally build transplant survival models. As Open Transplant handles cohort data across time and location it is adjusted for heterogeneity in post-transplant support and variables associated with recovery not related to HLA mismatching. The portal provides to the transplant research community a unique way to develop, deploy, and test prediction algorithms.
The initial survival models used as a reference are stratified Kaplan Meier curves, but as more teams use the collaborative portal more specific hazard functions will be created to allow transplant teams to identify the risk associated with a particular transplant event.
*For research purposes only. Not to be used for treatment or diagnosis of patients.